Sichuan Suan La Tang by Chef CATherina Hosoi
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 10 person(s)
How to make
1. Season 150g Minced Pork with 1TBS white part of Spring Onion, chopped Ginger and 1/2 cup Mizkan Soup Base for Hot Pot (Yose Nabe) Straight Type and 1 tsp Sugar.
2. Bring remaining Soup Base for Hot Pot (Yose Nabe) Straight Type with 250ml water to a boil in a pot.
3. Whisk in seasoned minced Pork till cooked.
4. Add in Fresh Black Fungus and Silken tofu and bring to a boil.
5. Stir in 1 TBS Shoyu and 1/2 cup Mizkan Easy Cooking Vinegar Seasoning
6. Stir in beaten Egg in a string to form fine ‘bird nest’ like.
7. Thicken with Potato Starch mixture and chopped green part of Spring Onion and Red Chili. Dribble in some La You (Chili Oil) before serving. You can also pair Suan La Tang with toasted Yew Tiao. Enjoy.
IngredientsSoup Base for Hot Pot (Yose Nabe) Straight Type 750g (1 pouch)
Minced Pork (150g)
Ginger (chopped finely) (1 pc small thumb size)
White part of Spring Onion (chopped finely) (1 tbps)